Looking through family photos is a fun, nostalgic way to pass the time.
When it’s possible, it can be even more delightful to recreate those cherished memories using the same people, places, and even pets several years later! It’s amazing to see how much some folks have changed over the decades while others look exactly the same. Check out 15 priceless recreations below and prepare to smile!
1. “My parents in 1975 and again in 2020. They’ve been married and playing music together for over 45 years now!”
2. These siblings were very excited to get a new game for Christmas!
the #1 good news email read by 500K+ people.
3. “We recreated our first Halloween costumes 20 years later.”
4. “My dad and I recreated a tender moment 34 years later.”
5. Recreating this picture was all their mom asked for on her 60th birthday.
6. “My grandpa’s three surviving brothers coming together 90 years later on the same farm, with the same exact bench.”
7. “Me and my cousin, 2005 and 2020. It was much more difficult to take the picture now.”
8. 1967-2019 and they’re still going strong.
9. “For my mom’s 60th birthday, my brothers, my cousin, and I recreated a photo from my first day of kindergarten.”
10. “15 years later and we still have that mall photo shoot swagger!”
11. “Me holding on to my girl at my high school graduation in 2002. I’m holding on to her even tighter at hers in 2020.”
12. “26-year-old recreation. Me and my twin on our 30th birthday. Our most embarrassing photo.”
13. Another pair of twins who just turned 30.
14. “My parents by their tree in 1975 and now in 2016.”
15. “Dad and me feeding Murray… same place, same croc — two photos 15 years apart.”
Robert Irwin sure is a chip off the old block! Recreating old family photos is a beautiful way to note the passage of time while still acknowledging how far we’ve come.
Share this story to brighten someone’s day.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.