Most of us resemble our family members in one way or another, but some people seem to be cut from the same bolt of cloth.
There’s a difference between looking kind of like grandma and looking exactly like grandma. Of course, it’s hard to truly appreciate how much we resemble another family member until we see a side-by-side comparison. In the cases below, once they saw it, it could never be unseen! Genetics are wild.
1. “I never understood why people said I look like my dad until we found this picture of my paternal grandma.”
2. “My maternal grandmother and me!”
the #1 good news email read by 825K+ people.
3. “My great-grandfather and my dad.”
4. “Would have never known I was a doppelgänger of my great-grandmother (1894-1961) without Ancestry DNA. Today I connected with my fourth cousin who sent me this photograph. I’m shocked.”
5. “My Norwegian great-grandmother and I favor quite a bit. According to my test (and genealogy maps) my Scandinavian roots are only 26 percent, but her genes must’ve been as strong as her back!”
6. “My father and I at 29.”
7. “Me at age 30 vs. my dad at age 14.”
8. “My paternal grandfather and me. I always thought I looked nothing like my dad until I saw his dad.”
9. “The genes seem to run strong in my fiancé’s family.”
10. “Not copy and paste but more like a washed down version of her!”
11. “My father (left) was born in the ’60s and grew up not knowing who his biological father was. After buying him a DNA test, we found out his father had passed away but DNA does not lie! Am I the only one who thinks they could be twins?”
12. “Me and my grandfather.”
13. “My direct paternal grandfather, born 506 years apart.”
14. “Me and my great-grandpa 2020/1918.”
15. “Me and my mum!”
There’s no denying these people are related! It’s crazy to see how strong some genes can be. Do you have a look-alike in your family tree? You might want to check some old photos to find out!
Don’t forget to share this story to make someone smile.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.