Who doesn’t love a good BOGO (buy one, get one) sale? Well, this might be more like buy two, get two – but if you ask us, we still think it’s a pretty great deal!
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
Twitter user @latkedelrey recently started a thread about going to the animal shelter intending to adopt a cat, only to discover that the cat comes with a best friend or sibling, too. These “bonded pairs” are so attached they have to be adopted together. Rules are rules, right? Like we always say, two are better than one!
Lots of people replied to her tweet with stories and photos of their own “bonded pairs.” It turns out this is a very common occurance!
1. “It can happen in foster homes! With siblings and with kittens that have never met each other before. Let me give you an example! This is Jasper and Yellow! A pair of unrelated boys that bonded with each other and got adopted together.”
2. Who could ever separate these adorable BFFs?
3. “There never were such devoted sisters” as these two beauties.
4. “Why buy one when you can buy two for twice the price?” this person asked.
5. “These two supposedly didn’t know one another when I collected them from the shelter, but they’ve been besties since Day 1. (They both were on an aggression hold, maybe that gave them something to bond over….”
6. They went to get one floof, and they went home with two floofs. That’s the perfect number of floofs, in our books.
7. Say hello to Chaos and Mayhem. (Love those names!)
8. They’re sisters, best friends, and absolutely gorgeous!
9. “It may be hard to believe, but these two are littermates. My mom adopted them and it turns out they were born on her birthday, so it was meant to be.”
10. “Our bonded pair (adopted siblings) plot together.”
11. What’s better than one orange cat? Two orange cats who are brothers!
12. Sometimes they even hold paws while they’re sleeping.
13. “I have two sets of sisters.”
14. This brother and sister are besties who get to spend their lives together. Aww.
15. Why stop at two? “My 3 are brother and 2 sisters glad I took all 3 so one wasn’t left behind.”
Why wouldn’t we adopt both a cat and their best friend? There’s enough love to go around in our homes!
Share this story to encourage people to adopt (in pairs!), not shop.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.