Brendan Fraser was the darling of the big screen in the late 90s and early 2000s. He gave us George from “George of the Jungle,” Rick O’Connell from “The Mummy” franchise, Uncle Trevor in 2008’s “Journey To The Center Of The Earth,” and so many more beloved characters.
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
But thanks to a series of truly terrible events (the man has had a rough number of years, to put it mildly!) he disappeared for a while, working on projects here and there but not really making headlines. The world’s love for him never really died, though, and the internet’s reaction to his recent re-appearance and critical acclaim proves it.
The reason Brendan Fraser is so popular goes far beyond his looks and acting chops. He seems to have an infectiously happy and genuine personality, the kind of personality that immediately puts people at ease. To put it simply, Brendan Fraser is adorable. And although that might seem like an odd word choice to describe a grown man, after reading this list, we think you’ll agree.
1. And now for the weather! With everyone’s favorite meteorologist… Brendan Fraser?
2. Some lucky cinema-goers turned up at The Prince Charles Cinema to enjoy “The Mummy” and “The Mummy Returns” — and ended up with a surprise guest! It’s hard to tell who was more delighted to be there: the audience or Brendan Fraser?
3. Do you have trouble with certain commonly mispronounced words? Brendan Fraser is here to help! And also to clear up how to say his own name, which, apparently, many of us have been pronouncing wrong.
4. In absolutely delightful and wholesome news, Brendan Fraser is (or at least has been) neighbors with Martha Stewart. They’ve been horseback riding together, and, apparently, they also make mummy-related crafts!
5. Speaking of mummies, how could we forget the most adorable scene from “The Mummy”? Of course, Brendan Fraser is acting as Rick O’Connell here, but it still counts!
6. We didn’t know you could make your own watercolor paints, but after this hilariously chaotic tutorial with Martha Stewart and Brendan Fraser, we’re definitely going to try!
7. Brendan Fraser made this fan’s day by simply being a delightful, down-to-earth guy.
@imani.goulet #brendanfraser #brendanfraserappreciation #brenaissance ♬ original sound – imani 🌱
8. Speaking of fans, this one got the opportunity to tell Brendan Fraser what we’re all thinking: that we want the best for him! And his reaction couldn’t have been more pure.
@littlelottiecosplay “Shucks, ma’am!” 🥰🥰🥰 Adding to the Brendan love from earlier today. #brendanfraser #themummy #mummytok #rickoconnell ♬ A-O-K – Tai Verdes
9. When it’s Brendan Fraser’s turn to be a fan — in this case, of his costar Jet Li from “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor” — he does so with the glee of a small child, or maybe even a golden retriever.
@praisethefrase Brendan fangirling over Jet Li is everything 🤩 #themummy #jetli #brendanfraser ♬ Polozhenie – Izzamuzzic Remix – Скриптонит
10. Did you think you’d seen the last of Brendan Fraser doing crafts with Martha Stewart? Well, think again, because we have one last video for you! Spoiler alert: It somehow includes him patting his head and rubbing his tummy at the same time. Sort of.
We’re so glad that this marvelous actor and precious human being is back on everyone’s radar! He deserves it. Now, if you’ll excuse us, we’re going to go rewatch “The Mummy” for the 50th time…
Don’t forget to share this list to wish Brendan Fraser well. May he have many more successful movies in the future!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.