Have you ever said something like, “I’m so hungry I could eat a cow”? Sometimes we get so distracted by food that we feel like we could eat just about anything. The same can be said for trees!
OK, trees don’t really eat things, but if you plant one in the wrong spot, its trunk will resort to growing around any barriers in its way. A famous example of this phenomenon is the Vashon Island Bicycle Tree.
The bike is embedded in the wood about 7 feet above the ground. Many people speculate about how the old human-powered vehicle ended up there. For example, some say a soldier left it there before he went to war and never came back to retrieve it.
Regardless of what happened, it looks like this tree tried to eat a whole bike, and it’s not the only one! Here are 10 unique trees that strayed from their usual diet of sunshine and water.
1. This tree doesn’t want you to enter North Carolina.
2. This one thought this fence looked tasty.
3. This tree looks like a creature coming out of the river.
4. This curious tree just wanted to see what a rock tastes like.
5. This one thought it would be more efficient to get its water right from the pipe.
6. This tree wondered if its neighbor would be delicious.
7. This tree definitely doesn’t want you to rest under its shade.
8. This tree took the slow and steady approach to devouring its prey.
9. This tree wants everyone to stop by.
10. This tree is just being rude!
We had no idea trees could do this! The next time your friend tells you they’re so hungry they could eat a whole bike, you can tell them they’re not the only ones.
Share this list to make someone smile today.
Want more good news like this in your inbox? Sign up for Morning Smile to start your day with news that will make you smile.